Blue Flower

If you operate a passenger carrying vehicle for reward then you do need an Operating Licence. The term reward is quite loose but can include payment of school fees or even payments made by Parents/Guardians towards the cost of a school trip.

Given this, it’s likely that most schools, colleges, and universities will need an Operator’s Licence – if the organisation is non-profit-making then consider a Section 19 Standard Permit (issued by Local Authorities, VOSA and Community Transport Association CTA to their members). If the organisation is a profit-making entity you may need a PSV Operator’s Licence and should contact your local Traffic Commissioner.