Blue Flower

To take your minibus abroad you will need to ensure that all drivers have a full and unrestricted D1 category drivers licence (regardless of what Operator’s Licence the vehicle is usually operated under in the UK.

In addition the vehicle will need to be fitted with a correctly calibrated tachograph and operated within the limits determined by such tachograph.

You will also need to carry foreign travel authority from the owner of the minibus as well as carrying a Waybill or Own Account Certificate. In addition it is recommended that the driver be ‘current’ and practised at driving on foreign roads.